This morning was very overcast for warm up and it was chilly enough to have to wear pants and a sweater, but it cleared up nicely and the sun came out before I raced.
I swam the 100 free, and it went really well! I was out 28.6 and finished at 59.8, very close to a best time and it felt good. I just had too high a stroke rate at the beginning.
My next race was the 200 back. It was not a good race. I was fine to the 100, right with the leaders in the fastest heat. And then I dropped way off in my third 50 and was slower than I go for my breaststroke split in my 200 IM. 39.8.....not much could happen when I go that slow for a 50. So, my final time was 2:26.8
I did not make any second swims and I will go back to the pool to prepare for tomorrow's 200 breast.
I enjoy and understand your race results when you post such well written blogs. Thanks for keeping up with your swim diary. I think about you as the day goes on when you are away trying to reach your goals with such optimism.
ReplyDeleteLove ya