I couldn't sleep on Friday night, because I got a fever and when I finally did fall asleep I had about four hours maximum, so needless to say I felt pretty awful on Saturday morning. My prelim 200 IM showed how tired I was, because I died at the end of every length. I ended up placing 27th with a 2:25, which is 5 seconds over my best time.
I scratched my 200 back, because I really didn't think I would be competitive in it. And then it turned out that three people scratched and I made it into the C, bonus final in the 200 IM. At the time I was not too pleased, because I was still at the pool and still hadn't slept and felt really sick.
I was able to go back to the hotel and get a good three hour nap in and felt much better. I warmed up well, and busted out a WAY better 200 IM of 2:22.69, placing my third in the C final.
Overall I was happy with the meet, although definitely disappointed in my 100 back results.
I am very excited to get back in the pool and start practicing again though, I am a little tired of racing and now that I know what I need to work on I am excited to start that work. I had issues finishing my lengths in backstroke long course and both short course and long course I was going out too slow, so for the next three weeks between now and World Trials in Victoria I am going to be working on front end speed in breaststroke and underwater/backend speed in my backstroke.
No comments:
Post a Comment