Saturday, May 7, 2011

Akropolis Grand Prix Day Two Finals

Results for tonight can be found here. I came out of tonight's finals still in 8th place, and only improved a little bit off my time. I still slipped off the block tonight and came up way behind my competitors. I also almost missed my race, because I zoned out for a second and didn't realize how many heats had gone by...and then I was racing in the next heat and ran as fast as I could to the marshalling area. I made it just on time when they were calling out okh-to (which is eight) for the final time.
There are a lot of spectators here in Greece and it is a very popular sport compared to Canada. It is really interesting to see how the meet is run. I also met a Romanian coach and he gave me a key chain from Romania.
Tomorrow I have 100 breast and 100 back.

No comments:

Post a Comment