Today we did not have any training, so I went and did some sight-seeing around the Ancient Architectural areas in Athens. I saw the Temple of Zeus, which is basically just some stone pillars now, because a fire burnt the actual temple down.
Then there was a statue of Lord Byron and Aphrodite (I think) that was very majestic!
Then I had a wonderful opportunity for a photo-op in the trees...
Next I went to the theatre of Dionysus and got to sit on the actual seats of the theatre where many great plays were performed!
Then I quickly went back to a rock that overlooked the Acropolis to take this fantastic shot of me about to take over the world!
Then I decided I should run out of the door of the Roman Agora, just cuz it is epic!
All in all the day was pretty epic, but now I am a little sunburnt in the pattern of my backpack that I wore all day! Tomorrow morning at 6am we leave for Thessaloniki. We are taking the train and I hope I can take some more pictures while we travel.



You covered alot of ground in one day of sightseeing. Is this the olympic speed tour? Looks inspiring! Were you asking strange hot greeks to take all these pics of you???
ReplyDeleteI had another swimmer with me who took the pictures. Sadly no hott Greeks :(
ReplyDelete