Saturday, May 7, 2011

Akropolis Grand Prix Day Two Prelims

Just a quick recap of prelims this morning. Full results can be found here. I only swam the 50 back and ended up 8th, with a spot in the finals tonight. The touch pads are really slippery and I slipped off them in warm up, so when it got to the race I was afraid I was going to slip, so I was very cautious off the start. I did not slip in the race, but I did push off really deep and spent the whole fifty trying to catch up. My time was not very good, but considering I basically had to race without a start I am happy with my swim. But more so happy that I get another shot at it tonight.
I spent the rest of prelims suntanning and watching other swimmers race. It is cool watching the stroke technique from other countries, when I am used to just watching Canada and USA techniques.
Now time for lunch (with some Greek yoghurt), a nap and then back to the pool for finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment